Ladies Motorcycle Jackets
The ladies motorcycle jacket is a necessity for any woman who’s passionate about riding. This piece of essential gear can perform multiple functions, including protecting you from injuries, keeping you warm, and making you look like a natural part of the scene. You can find female leather motorbike jackets, textile jackets, protective tops and flannels, and other gear and accessories at Shark Leathers. Buy your next ladies motorcycle jacket online at Shark Leathers before 2 PM to get same-day shipping!
The Importance of a Ladies’ Riding Jacket
If you’re considering purchasing a ladies’ motorbike jacket, then you’re on the right track. These jackets offer the protection you need and the style you want when you hit the road. Here are some of the specific benefits.
- Protection from injury. If you love riding your motorcycle and do it often, then you are familiar with the dust, dirt, wind, and sun that can assault you as you ride – not to mention the dangers of crashing or falling. A female motorbike jacket can protect you from all the above.
- Resistance to dust and moisture. Real leather does require some upkeep, but it withstands dust, dirt, and moisture very well. When you take the time to clean and condition your jacket properly, it will continue looking its best for years to come, even if you regularly wear it on dusty roads or in the rain.
- Soft and comfortable yet durable. While you might think that a garment so soft and comfortable might tear or rip easily, this is not the case with leather jackets. These jackets are soft and smooth in texture yet stand up to rough-and-tumble treatment. That means that your leather jacket is sure to be one of your very favourite wardrobe items for a very long time.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Your Women’s Motorcycle Jacket
When you invest in a classic leather jacket, you want to keep it looking its best for as long as possible. That means knowing how to care for and store it properly. Here are some tips to help you enjoy your women’s riding jacket for years to come.
- Wipe down your jacket using a damp cloth. A cloth moistened with water is all you need for a good wipe-down. Do this to remove dust and dirt that would eventually penetrate, stain, and damage the leather.
- Test leather cleaners on small areas. If you do have a stain or other area that you need to address with a leather cleaner, be sure to read and follow the directions carefully, including testing the product on a small, inconspicuous area first.
- Let your jacket air-dry thoroughly. Whatever you do, avoid leaving your jacket lying on the floor or otherwise wrinkled or crumpled up while it is still wet. Hang it up neatly to dry to prevent the formation of mould and mildew, which could ruin your jacket.
- Condition your leather regularly. When your jacket is completely dry, apply a thin layer of leather conditioner to keep your jacket soft, vibrant, and moisturised. Conditioning is an important step akin to moisturising your skin after you take a shower.
When Buying a Female Motorcycle Jacket, Consider This
A great female riding jacket is a statement piece that you’ll love having in your wardrobe. A leather jacket is a versatile item that not only provides protection and style while riding your motorcycle but also goes with just about everything else in your closet for almost any occasion. Just like you, leather jackets also improve with age. To choose the right jacket for you, consider these factors.
- Look for quality. It’s the details that count when you’re picking out a leather jacket. Everything from the grain of the leather to the stitching, from a breathable liner to a high-quality zipper makes the difference when it comes to the quality of your jacket. A well-made jacket will last for years.
- Find the perfect fit. Your leather jacket should fit like a glove – but it should fit the way you like your gloves to fit. You want to be comfortable in your jacket, so it should not pinch or bind. It should hang close to your body but still with enough room for a sweater or hoodie underneath when you need extra layers. Above all, though, you should feel good in your leather jacket.
- Consider the style. There are many different styles of leather jackets. Motorcycle jackets have specific features that make them suitable for riding, such as secure closures and highly durable construction that can last for decades. You might also be interested in a bomber jacket, a motocross jacket, a cattleman, or any of the other many types of leather jackets on the market.
About Shark Leathers
Shark Leathers was started up by an Australian family who experienced a motorcycle accident that resulted in severe injuries. The family realised that this and many other injuries might be prevented by using the proper riding gear. Shark Leathers was born in 2009, and today has a storefront in Helensvale and a convenient online shop where people all over Australia can find the motorcycle gear that they need to be both stylish and safe. We focus specifically on providing style without sacrificing safety – in other words, we sell the same gear we would want to use ourselves. If you have any questions about our products, don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to serving you and wish you happy and safe riding.