This is X-lite’s exclusive high-carbon content version of the full face racing helmet. Its reduced weight and compact size (thanks to the carbon-rich construction and the availability of three outer shell sizes), emergency cheek pad removal system (NERS - Nolan Emergency Release System), reliable visor mechanism with a Double Action system, efficient RAF (Racing Air Flow) ventilation system and Carbon Fitting Racing Experience inner comfort padding (with an updated net construction) make the X-803 ULTRA CARBON the most exclusive full face racing helmet for the most demanding of motorcyclists.
NERS - NOLAN EMERGENCY RELEASE SYSTEM (patent pending):
- This system, patent pending, allows emergency teams to remove the cheek pads from the helmet while it is still being worn by the motorcyclist by simply pulling the red tapes attached to the front of the pads themselves.
- Compared to its predecessor (the X-802RR model), the X-803 has been improved in terms of lateral visibility. Consequently, it is able to offer improved riding comfort and increased active safety.
PINLOCK® FOG-RESISTANT INNER VISOR:
- Thanks to the patented adjusting system, the stretch of the Pinlock® inner visor can be adjusted, acting from the exterior of the visor, without the necessity of removing. The Full Silicone Border (FSB), adopted under licence from Pinlock®, allows first of all for an increase in the size of the air chamber located between the helmet exterior and interior, thus further reducing the risk of fogging; secondly, it reduces the risk of scratches to the visor.
- Device allowing the visor lock (to prevent accidental visor opening at high speeds) or visor demisting at low speeds or stops (by a minimum visor opening).
RACING AIR FLOW (RAF) VENTILATION SYSTEM:
- The result of experience and testing in the wind tunnel and on track, it is made up of
- indirect entry upper air intakes
- a direct entry front air intake
- a high flow rate chin guard intake with defogging function
- a front protection with integrated aerodynamic vent
- side air extractors
- a rear extractor, integrated in an aerodynamic spoiler with adjustable profile (ASD – Adjustable Stability Device).
ADJUSTABLE STABILITY DEVICE (ASD):
- Compared to its predecessor (the X-802RR model), the X-803 has been improved in terms of stability at high speeds, due in part to the complete revision of the rear spoiler. The adjustable spoiler profile for the adaptation of the aerodynamics of the helmet according to various ride positions and driving styles has been confirmed.
- Compared to its predecessor (the X-802RR model), the X-803 has improved wearability in the chin area: the chin guard has been slightly elongated, to offer increased levels of static and dynamic comfort.
CARBON FITTING RACING EXPERIENCE” COMFORT INNER PADDING WITH INNOVATIVE NET CONSTRUCTION:
- The comfort inner padding is made with active carbon filaments, a thermoregulatory, antistatic and dissipative element. The liner, with an innovative net construction, aids the movement of air around the upper part of the head which thus stays cool and dry. The inner padding is additionally made up of lateral cheek pads (left and right) and lining straps which are all completely removable and washable.
SINGLE-BLOCK CHEEK PADS:
- The internal padding in expanded foam for the cheek pads has been designed in order to provide superior even pressure and consistent performance over time compared to traditional padding. It can also be removed from its fabric coverings in order to make washing of the latter easier.
- Clearly inspired by rain masks used in racing, it is an efficient accessory as it limits fogging.
ROTATIONAL IMPACT TESTS:
- In the Newton S.r.l. laboratory, the X-803 ULTRA CARBON has passed the rotational impact tests undergone by the competition helmets which are used in various races including the MotoGP and SBK. Newton S.r.l. is an independent testing laboratory which is recognized by the Italian Ministry of Transport for the approval of helmets and visors in accordance with regulation UN/ECE 22-05.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Shark Motorcycle Leathers users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.