All Riders Should Invest in a Motorcycle Vest
Riding a bike carries a higher level of danger than an enclosed vehicle which is why wearing a motorcycle vest is imperative. Since there are no outer protective layers on a bike, the rider has to take the necessary precautions, which is why we recommend investing in protective gear such as a biker vest.
Benefits of a Leather Motorcycle Vest
Various traditions have used leather for many years. People realised that it was durable and warm and more importantly, prevented cuts and bruises. It’s primarily due to those reasons that bikers adapted the material to offer the same features when on the road.
- Since there is no windscreen protecting a motorcycle rider, you require all the gear on your person to keep you safe. On the open road, you encounter bugs, dust and debris that will impact you, especially at high speeds. Wearing a vest will protect your body from external factors. Most vests have safety padding on the inside, which cushions the blow in an accident.
- The soft appearance of a leather vest shouldn’t be confused with its functionality. It’s highly durable and if maintained correctly, lasts for decades. A genuine leather bikers vest is resistant to ripping, tearing and other damage. It offers you the comfort of being soft to the touch while being rugged enough to handle the adverse conditions of the open road.
- When you wear a motorcycle vest, you demonstrate your dedication to safety and also remaining stylish. Manufacturers have, over recent years, developed vests that are as stylish in appearance as they are functional. You can use your biker’s vest out in public because of its high fashion value.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding a Leather Biker Vest
Riding motorcycles is a cool hobby. However, many riders fail in the gear department. Unfortunately, it’s a hobby that doesn’t have a one-size-fits-all approach. Avoid these mistakes when acquiring vests and other protective gear.
- Riders sometimes feel hindered by the amount of protective gear they have and leave it out altogether. On the other hand, you may just buy clothing for the sake of it without ensuring its comfort. Opting for cheaper options results in acquiring sub-standard quality. Avoid potential accidents and issues by investing in quality, functional gear that provides maximum comfort.
- While other textiles are available and have advanced technologically, leather is still the preferred material. It’s highly durable and incredibly unique since no two hides are identical. Leather adapts to the wearer’s body, thus offering complete protection. Avoid cheaper materials to save a few dollars.
- Riders who neglect the critical need for boots are risking their safety. Motorcycle boots are as essential as any other protective gear. A reliable pair of boots is a necessity to hold the ankle steady and assist with manoeuvring the twists and turns of the road.
About Shark Leathers
We started this company 11 years ago after our Founder, Matthew Kuhne was in a motorcycle accident. He wanted to pursue his passion for motorbikes and started this venture from the family garage ever since we’ve been a family business dedicated to assisting people who love riding.
We’ve grown rapidly and now offer sales online with delivery to locations within Australia, New Zealand, Europe and America. Contact us to find your perfect accessory.