Mens Motorbike Gloves
Mens Motorbike Gloves are a Unique Fashion Item
Wearing mens motorbike gloves are primarily for protection. However, over recent times, there have been several variations of fashionable riding gloves. Furthermore, motorbike gloves are created for specific weather conditions, thus transforming it into the ultimate accessory for men.
Benefits of Mens Motorcycle Gloves
Falling off the bike during childhood was a painful process. Naturally, you’d use the palm of your hands to break the fall and prevent extensive damage. However, travelling at the speeds that a motorcycle does and falling is a different scenario. Without gloves, that fall could be severely devastating. Thankfully though, mens motorcycle gloves have revolutionised with time and now offer both style and protection.
- There is a vast range of motorcycle gloves that offer various levels of protection. Your riding and style dictate what set of gloves is the best option. Titanium has been used in some cases to provide added armour to the gloves while plastic heel sliders are useful in racing gloves to prevent it from catching fire.
- Covering your fingers eventually results in sweat droplets forming because of the enclosed environment. Biking gloves are designed to allow for maximum air circulation, ensuring that your fingers remain dry and, perhaps more importantly, offers you a solid grip of the handlebars.
- Weather conditions can be unpredictable, especially on the open road. Harsh elements such as rain or snow affect any rider. Thankfully, gloves increase your comfort levels, keeping your fingers dry and away from harsh elements.
Things to Consider Regarding Mens Riding Gloves
There are several factors to consider before purchasing a pair of mens riding gloves. Depending on a friend’s recommendation isn’t the best idea as the gloves have to fit your hand perfectly and be fully functional when riding.
- It’s advisable to try on several pairs of gloves before making a decision. Brands differ in their product offering and size; hence you must feel how the gloves from different manufacturers fit. If it’s too loose, you risk not having a firm grip on your bike while gloves that are too tight could lead to constriction of blood, causing numbness. It would be ideal to have your motorcycle present to test the grip on the handlebars before you make the purchase.
- Understand the materials the gloves contain. Each type of leather serves a specific purpose. Cowhide has a reputation for being durable and resistant to wear and tear. Furthermore, you have to wear it often for the level of comfort to increase. Sheepskin is used for the back of the gloves because it’s not scratch-resistant. Goatskin is extremely tough, which is why it's found on the palm area of the glove as it’s the most commonly affected part of the hand in accidents.
- Consider the different glove styles and select the pair that provides you with an all-round service. Examples of these are the Urban Cruiser, Sport and Racing, and ADV and Touring, to name a few. It must be comfortable, provide enough protection from the road and harsh conditions and offer a steady grip.
About Shark Leathers
We are a family operated business that has been in existence since 2009. The passion for motorbikes and all things relating to it compelled us to establish our operation. We ultimately want to provide modern, stylish gear for riders while delivering on protection.
Apart from our physical location, we have an online store where you can purchase accessories and get them delivered anywhere in Australia, New Zealand, Europe and America. Contact us for more details.